Sun Pedal Ride
SunPedal ride is an initiative lead by Mr Sushil Reddy with an aim to spread solar energy awareness and clean transportation in the world.
Mr Reddy, plans to ride a solar electric bicycle while stopping at universities, organisations and talking about the ride, the mission and importance of solar energy and electric transportation. He has already completed one leg of the race in India, where he covered 9 states 7,424 km in 79 days on his solar powered bicycle.
The plan with the international leg is to ride for 45 days in France and 30 days on the West Coast of the United States, in the process building connects and propagating the message of going solar.
Who is Mr Sushil Reddy?
- IIT Bombay Alumnus 2008 - 2013 batch – Department of Energy Scienceand Engineering
- Worked with a solar energy startup – kWatt Solutions Pvt. Ltd. In IITB founded by an IITB Professor – Dr. Chetan Singh Solanki
- Guinness World Record for the Longest Journey on a Motorised Bicycle – The SunPedal Ride – India edition summer 2016
- Recognised "50 most impactful green leaders(Global Leaders)" on World CSR day in February 2017
- Limca book of World Record Holder
As India’s largest rooftop solar platform, MYSUN is focussed on educating users about the benefits of solar energy, generating demand for solar systems and making it easy and reliable for consumers to go solar. It has run several interesting campaigns in a bid to make solar interesting. It was this alignment of thought with the cause that Mr Sushil is propagating that we at MYSUN decided to support the Sun Pedal Race and have used our online platform to spread a word about the cause.
Please share this page with your friends, to support the movement and do your bit.
The entire team of MYSUN wishes Mr Sushil all the very best in the journey.