In a bid to push the adoption of rooftop solar in the residential, commercial and industrial sector, the Renewable Energy Department of Haryana has issued Financial Assistance Guidelines. All the rooftop solar systems in the size of 1 to 500 kW will come in the purview of these guidelines. If you are living in Haryana
, cities like Gurgaon
(Gurugram), Faridabad, Palwal, Rewari or any other city, you should be aware of these guidelines if you are considering installing a rooftop PV Solar System. Below is a summary of the guidelines for your information.
Rooftop solar systems for residential, institutional, and social sectors will all be eligible for CFA (Central Financial Assistance). The state government will provide the installations with CFA equal to either 30% of the benchmark project cost or ₹20,000/kW, whichever is lower. The benchmark cost as per the system capacity is shown below:
The Eligibility Criteria for CFA are as follows:
- Minimum technical specifications should be as per prescribed by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- The projects must only use MNRE-approved components.
- Projects that are installed before any site is visited by a government official will not be considered for subsidies.
- If an applicant has to install grid-connected rooftop solar projects without net metering, the project will be eligible for CFA. But the user must give notification in writing that the generated power won’t be injected into the grid.
- If more than one user of a grid-connected rooftop solar project is connected to a common energy meter, then a joint undertaking must be provided that allows the meter to connect to more than one project with the same energy meter. These projects will also be eligible for CFA.
- The project should be completed in the completion time frame (5 Months).
With inputs from Hiten Mahajan