Government of India, through Ministry of New and Renewable Energy vide its Office Memorandum dated June 10 2022 has simplified the process for availing subsidy for rooftop solar systems for residential grid-connected rooftop solar plants.
- The national portal for subsidy is open now.
- Subsidy shall be available only through this National Portal
- Homeowners can buy solar from any registered vendor of their choice
- Directly given to the homeowner on solar installation
- Subsidy so available shall be same all over the country
- Rates of subsidy will be notified for each calendar year
- The amount of subsidy is fixed - Rs14588/- per KW upto 3KW and Rs 7294/- per KW for
additional capacity upto 10 KW.
- People having electricity connections directly from DISCOM - state or private are eligible.
- Only domestically manufactured panels using domestically manufactured cells to be used.
(presently only polycrystalline panels upto 335W available in this category).
- You have to fill the capacity applied for subsidy while applying online (Please
connect with your MYSUN Solar advisor to know your suitable capacity.
- The project price will be directly decided between the supplier and beneficiary
based on capacity and site. The subsidy amount will not depend on this.
- The scheme is open only upto 31 Dec 2022.
According to us, this is a very positive step by the government. Now, homeowners can decide to go with quality solar companies without compromising on the quality and more importantly the service of their solar systems. This will also enable the solar industry to consolidate and develop a robust and elaborate sales and service infrastructure for rooftop solar.
MYSUN is running a special drive to help homeowners interested in subsidy and to curate their journey for a seamless and transparent experience.
For more details connect with your solar advisor at : +91 919873167009 or email us at: [email protected]