Net metering is a billing system that allows rooftop owners having solar system installed at their rooftop to sell any excess electricity generated from solar system to local electricity utility
- Cumulative capacity of all solar systems installed in your area shall not exceed 15% of distribution transformer capacity2 in your area.
- Self ownership (CAPEX3 model)
- Third party ownership (RESCO4 model)
- Annual (April to March)
- Any unadjusted electricity credits shall be paid as per the rates notified by the commission
- If the electricity generated exceeds 90% of the electricity consumed at the end of the settlement period, no payment shall be made by the distribution licensee and shall not be carried