Net metering is a billing system that allows rooftop owners having solar system installed at their rooftop to sell any excess electricity generated from solar system to local electricity utility
Capacity of solar system
- Min 1 kWp
- Max size is linked with shadow free area and annual estimated consumption
- Upto 10 kW, 240V- single phase
- Above 10 kW and upto 15 kW, 240 V/ 415 V-Three phase
- Above 15 kW and upto 100 kW, 415 V-Three phase
- Above 100 kW, 11 kV-Three phase (HT)
- = 100% of your Sanctioned Load1
- Cumulative capacity of all solar systems installed in your area shall not exceed 90% of distribution transformer capacity2 in your area.
- Self ownership (CAPEX3 model)
- Third party ownership (RESCO4 model)
- Exemption from wheeling & cross subsidy surcharge
- Electricity generated by the rooftop solar system shall not be more than 90% of the electricity consumption at the end of the settlement period.
- Consumer category solar energy shall be exempted from the electricity tax for two years till March 2021